Thursday, April 17, 2014

Satisfying our needs to be fed...

Good Morning... 

Today as I sit here and write I am reminded that this journey the Lord has blessed me.   He has not only made me stronger, but it has opened my eyes to what it means to be "fed".  

Psalm 90: 14 says "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."  

When I read this I am reminded that its just as important, if not more important, to feed my soul as it is to feed my body.   Making the room for God, or giving God the right place in our life, in our heart 'our soul'.  Without this it will leave us hungry and starving.  My pastor Ralph uses this phrase, "Knees before feet."  This is a pattern he has built for his life. Starting his day off feeding his soul with communication with his heavenly father.   This is a daily pattern that we need. 

How do you satisfy you needs when feeding your body?  When you are hungry and your belly is growling at you... what do you grab?  What are you habits?  How do you value yourself?  Do you think your physical well-being is worth longevity and sacrifice?  Do you find joy in eating?  

I am asking these questions only to get you thinking...

Fueling your body is VERY important.  Prepping what you put in takes time and energy.   Feeding the soul must comes first, but then feeding the body that the Lord has blessed you with is very important & requires some work.  I am not saying get prideful and act in way that is sinful.  I am saying putting in the energy to feed yourself clean & wholesome to give yourself the amount of energy to stay healthy to take care of the needs the He has given you.  


Seven months ago when I was diagnosed with my autoimmune disease and was forced to make my eating habit changes.  I had to do a ton of research, trial & error, online reading, met with nutritionist, sampled food, made recipes, and much more!!  I am very excited to share what I have learned with everyone.  

PLUS, for those who are athletes, especially triathletes I will have a special section for how I have been able to fuel my body before, during, & after training.  As well as race day break downs.  I have products that I can buy and recipes that I make.  







No comments:

Post a Comment