Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hanging at UCLA with my Brother....

Getting a little personal today...

As I write today I am sitting at UCLA medical center in my brother's hospital room.  I am reminded of the beginning of my journey last October.  It was in the middle of his first battle with leukemia.   And here we are almost 6 months later & he's on battle #2 with this same ugly cancer. 


Trevor is the one who is fighting the fight... but as a family we fight along side.  We have a passion and desire to help in any way possible.  We are blessed to have a large family who can & wants to help.  But family is not always defined as blood. My brother's cancer has proven this... church family & friends can very well fit into that category as family.   These are the people who make up your  'Inner Circle'.   We have seen who the people are that don't make excuses about helping.  Some make it a point to honestly offer serves, time, finances, and hospitality.  This is a true blessing.  Honestly, it's been God's amazing hand in all the small things over this journey.  


I'm writing this today because whatever the situation in your life you need an 'Inner Circle'.   The people who you can trust to help in a time of need.  People to help when road blocks come your way.  

Today's blog will be short & sweet!  
I just want to encourage everyone to evaluate where they are...
Ask yourself a few simple questions...
Are you happy?  
Are you satisfied?
If you continued your daily routine for the next 6 months.
What would you see in the mirror? Would you be happy? Content? Upset? 

What changes need to take place for you to he the person you want, need, and God calls you to be?


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.






No comments:

Post a Comment