Saturday, April 26, 2014

I found a NEW item!!!

I LOVE finding NEW things I can try!!

I am NOT a fan of bottled juices because of all the issues with added sugars and fake dyes, etc.  So I normally stay clear of that section all together.  However, today I was on a mission at UCLA to get my brother Trevor some coffee and orange juice.  He mentioned brand called 'odwalla'.  I am not familiar with the brand, but have seen the products on shelves.  


I grabbed the orange juice bottle for Trev, and stood in line reading the label (like I do on everything) and to my surprise... "I CAN DRINK THIS".   I ran back over to the fridge section and grabbed another bottle for myself.   

After enjoying the bottle of juice, I did some research on the company to see what else I could find.  This is the process of how I operate when I find a product or a restaurant that fits into my nutrition lifestyle. 

Odwalla is an all-natural juice company.  The first thing you see when you open their webpage is the slogan "Goodness Grows Here".  I found that I can drink 8 of the 24 juices. All 8 of the juices that I can drink are: Gluten free, Vegan, Sugar Free, and Not from concentrate.   The flavor variations for me are AWESOME!   Remember I am the extreme so you may have a larger number of possibilities.  

My research process:  Find the website and navigate through to familiarize yourself with what they have to offer first.  Start with one item at a time.  Example:  Juices.  I read that the juice can come gluten free, vegan, sugar free and not from concentrate.  The next step is reviewing all the juices that fit that description and read the ENTIRE label.  Then make a list for future purchases.  

Keeping a food log helps in many areas.  Shopping lists, menu planning, snacking items, creativity, and possible doctor notes, etc.  I suggest either getting a notebook and writing items down or using your 'notes' app in your smart phone.  

Have a GREAT day!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment