Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Real Cocktails.... Not Skinny Cocktails

REAL COCKTAILS  Not those Skinny Cocktails

YAY.... I found a few more possibilities of cocktails I can drink.  It's hard to find tasty cocktails that I can actually drink and enjoy.  I can have dark rum... but I really don't want to just drink straight rum.  I mean... some of my readers may enjoy that!!  But, this girl doesn't care for the taste.  

Prior to my hashimoto's diagnosis I was introduced to Moscow Mull's.  There are a few variations to this drink, however I found a way to make one that I can drink!!!  

Meg's Moscow Mull
2 ounces of (grape distilled) Vodka
6 ounces ginger beer
1 lime, jucied
1 tablespoon agave nectar
fresh mint

How to make Cocktail Meg's way: 
add Agave Nectar in a glass with fresh mint.... smash mint leaves with the agave to blend the flavors. Add the 2 ounces of Vodka to the mix.  Place a few ice cubes in the Copper Mug and place a strainer over the mug.  Pour the vodka, agave & mint mix over the strainer (so the small mint pieces so fall in the copper mug).  Add the ginger beer & 1 lime to the mug.  Stir & garnish with lime wedge & mint sprig if you wish!! 

(if using this copper mug you will need to double it... the mug is pretty big)



Best when you drink in a Copper Mug, but not necessary!! 

I found Bombora Vodka at Total Wine.  The bottle was about $16.99-$19.99, but I was able to get it on sale for 14$. If you are a berry person you can make this drink the same way and add a few fresh raspberries to the glass when smashing mint.  This adds a great berry flavor to the drink.  



Organic Sangria

I was so excited when I found this company that makes and bottles a sangria I can drink.  



This is what you see when you go to their website.  And guess what??  It tastes SO YUMMY!!!  The website is: http://eppasangria.com/

A few weekends ago we had a BBQ and I got 4 bottles thinking I would put 2 out for the BBQ and keep 2 for me.  LOL... we drank all 4 bottles that weekend with friends.  IT WAS THAT GOOD!!!  

INGREDIENTS OF THE SANGRIA:
Premium Varietals:
Eppa SupraFruta Sangria is crafted in Mendocino with premium varietal wines that create the basis for an unequaled sangria.
Real SuperFruit Juices:
The fruit flavors in Eppa SupraFruta Sangria come from real, organic fruit juices, drawn from antioxidant-rich superfruits, including:  Pomegranate, Blueberry, Mediterranean Blood Orange, Acai.
Antioxidant Rich:
Premium wine varietals and real, organic fruit juices make Eppa SupraFruta Sangria antioxidant-rich.  Boasting nearly twice the antioxidants as a glass of red wine.

CERTIFIED ORGANIC


Meg's Awesome Sangria
1 bottle Eppa Sangria
1 Cup Dark Rum
1 apple sliced
1 orange sliced
1 lemon slice
(add sparking ginger ale or water if needed for taste, but not necessary)

Freeze lots of red grapes
let set for a few hours.  When you serve use the frozen grapes as the ice!! 




THE BEST PART... I PAID $10.00 FOR THIS BOTTLE 




ENJOY.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment