Monday, May 19, 2014

Gluten Dude...

Blogger You Will LOVE...

I found this blog titled Gluten Dude... He's a talented writer.  He has MUCH more experience with the GLUTEN world than me!  It looks like he entered the gluten free world in 2007 because of a Celiac diagnosis.  I wont spend the time telling you about his story.  I will share a few links to his blog below and you can see for yourself.

I found his blog last night when I was doing some research on restaurant kitchen's.   My parents took me out for my birthday dinner & it was an interesting experience for me.  The server was very attentive to my needs & medical issues.  However, the kitchen must not have listened.  My meal was sent back twice. This can be very frustrating.  I understand that not every restaurant is accommodating to people like me.  However,  when asked if they can prepare a meal before the evening has begun & the response is "Of Course" I am expecting to eat with my family.  I was sadden when the rest of my family had finished eating and I was finally getting my meal.  


-----------------------

This link is a from Gluten Dude.


I LOVE how this interview shows how a restaurant SHOULD be taking the time to make an effort to prepare food for everyone.  

The bullet points under the video are SPOT ON! 

-----------------------

Another GREAT blog he did...


It's all about the way you look at it.  Dr. Oz calls Gluten Free a 'scam'.  But if you watch the video clip & see what he actually says... He calls the gluten free food crap.  I totally agree.  When I talk with friends & family who have issues with gluten, my #1 suggestion when cutting gluten from diet: STAY AWAY FROM GLUTEN FREE SNACKS & SUBSTITUTES!!  They are filled with crap!!  What the Dr. said was on the right track... he just didn't word it correctly. Using the word 'scam' wasn't smart on his part.  He had an opportunity & unfortunately did NOTHING with it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment